Next wedding shoot location scout, any help tips would be very cool

Hair Bear

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I managed to get the B&G to the wedding location last week, they are relatives and I'm doing the day for them at their request.

Not too many formals, 5 i think. the rest to be repotage (sp) style

Here is link to the scout of the location

www.flickr.com/photos/51975854@N00/sets/72157600219353518/

Its an old manor house, nice grounds, lots of plants but very very green

These are at about 12mid day and the wedding will be at 2pm. The G wore white Tshirt for exposure test.

The courtyard is looking fav for shots if there is no rain and I can get high for a group shot est 100-120 people but I'm a little concerned with the lens distortion from the 18-55

Hoping for good weather and shoot a few in the grounds but there is lot of green and it is showing on the images

Make notes on here or on the images if you have any ideas I would welcome all input.

I just picked up a reflector so can either bounce sunlight at them of flash

Looks like a great place for a wedding. From the images it seems like there will be many opportunities for great images. I don't know what your experience with weddings is but I would suggest trying to get alot more than just 5 pictures with them posed together. Even though they may say now that they just want reportage I'm sure they will look back later and wish they had more shots with just the two of them together. Try to take as many posed shots as you can without (obviously) becoming a burden. I am sorry if I am assuming wrong that you are a beginner at weddings.

Thanks JIP, I am a beginner. Have done one casual and one actual for friends.

I don't want to take up too much of their time as I know they want to spend it with friends and family but I realise I need to get some good lasting quality shots

Part of doing a good job is knowing how much of their time to take and how much to leave them alone. Ulness they have not built that time into their wedding it is not unheard of to take up to even an hour or more between ceremony and reception to take photos. You have a beautiful location if you plan on doing weddings at all later on make sure you take advantage of this venue it will give you very valuable images to show any future potential client not to mention how nice they will be for the couple.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back