Ngapali beach

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A beautiful little town on the Indian Ocean. There are a few places to eat and stay but it is still mostly a fishing village. Many of the girls in Myanmar make a paste from some sort of plant and wear it on their faces to protect them from the sun.
These were taken just down the beach from my hotel.

_DSC5132PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

_DSC5141PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Blue tarps and silvery, reflective fish.

I'd agree with John and maybe warm p the WB a bit so the sun isn't so white might add a little extra depth to a nice scene.. What K is the WB out of interest?

I'd agree with John and maybe warm p the WB a bit so the sun isn't so white might add a little extra depth to a nice scene.. What K is the WB out of interest?

White balance is something I have yet to experiment with, it was set to AUTO.
I also think I could have done better with the circular polarizer I had and maybe killed off more of the glare.

Thats cool, Just throw the shot even as a jpg into whatever editing program you have and experiment with using the WB slider to lift it, at a guess I'd say start around 5500 and move upwards and you should see some of the blue glare disappear and some warmth come back into the sunny areas :)

Thats cool, Just throw the shot even as a jpg into whatever editing program you have and experiment with using the WB slider to lift it, at a guess I'd say start around 5500 and move upwards and you should see some of the blue glare disappear and some warmth come back into the sunny areas :)

I'll give that a try. Thanks.

I appreciate the effort, thank you.
But I"ll give it a try myself and see what I can do.

I didn't know you could open a JPEG in raw, a great tip Thanks! I have another shot in mind that I would like to try that with.

You definitely have some white balance problems with these. Everything is blue. I really like the scene in the first one.

Not so simple, and not WB "problems." The lighting is mixed between open shade (very blue) and direct sunlight. Under the circumstances the camera auto WB did well enough. Everything is not blue. The sardines in the photo of the four women are too magenta/orange and they need to be made bluer. The sardines in the photo of the old man are probably about right to if anything a little warm. The open shade dominates in the first photo and all of the people shown are in open shade and so yes they will look better if warmed up. I agree that removing some of the open shade blue will help with the people and they are most important, but don't just make the sardines more orange in the process.

We are accustomed to seeing life on earth and blue shadows on a sunny day are a fact of life. We learn to accept that and most people will not react badly to these photos. They can be left as is and that may well be the better choice as I for one know not to eat orange sardines. Just shifting the entire image orange may be more positive than negative especially with the first photo but it's not so clear cut as there's a WB problem.

Joe

Could maybe use a split toning to achieve a more balanced result between the light and shadow areas but I’d still warm up the WB on the first a little..

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Maybe "problems" was the wrong word. The first one is definitely too blue.

Significant portions of the first photo are in direct sun and definitely not too blue. As I said, "Not so simple..."

Open them in an editor and see for yourself. The old man is not as bad as the first one. In the first one, the girls' skin and the grass in the background is blue. If you like them like that,

Did I say that? Where did I say that?

what can I say?

Something other than putting words in my mouth.

So it's not simply a WB issue and dealing with it globally as if it were will create additional problems even if it makes some improvements. If you want to adjust for the open shade blue you should do that locally and only reduce blue in the affected areas.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back