Niagra Falls HDR

gravy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my band is on tour right now, and on our way into the US, we got stuck in traffic on the bridge over Niagra Falls...

turned out very dark, but I kind of like it. also, those are not dust spots in the falls, they are birds. :)

958939189_ed6f85ee52.jpg

1200x800 can be seen here:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1347/958939189_4d3563524f_o.jpg

I kinda like it too, with the pool of brighter light off on the side. The darkness makes it look like a huge storm is coming.

I grew up in New York and have been to the Falls a million and one times. In all my life I have never seen it look so majestic. That photo makes it look like there should be unicorns and dragons flying about. Absolutely beautiful!

I also really like the darkness in this photo. Makes it look so much more surreal, and like Antarctican said, looks like a storm is coming! :)

Great photo, and unique (thats damn hard). The only thing I would suggest is burning the left shore just a tad.

The traffic on that bridge is horrible! The Canadian Dollar is so high right now... I don't know if you were going for this dark kind of picture, but its incredible. Its a completely new look for such a cliche tourist attraction. It is so attractive because it represents on of man's subconcious 'obsessions,' death. It represents the journey (via the boat) to the underworld. We are catching one final glimpse of this boat, before it dissapears into the mist. Wow! What an amazing picture.

Act like you did this on purpose, because it works amazingly.

By the way, this is the best Niagara Falls shot I've ever seen.

There is a book by Scott Kelby... in it one page talks about landmarks that you can't pass up taking a picture of even though it has been shot by everyone and their brother/sister. You know you have to but how to take an image that is unique and has not been done. You have done that perfectly. He spoke of weather as a way to change it and make it unique. I agree fully with William...keep that negative this one is a real keeper!

Most reactions

Back