Nicaragua prints for sale! All money goes to the country!

Davek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
After all the verbal praise I recieved from everyone at other forums I have decided to get about 70 prints made from my Nicaragua pictures.

To give you an idea of how far this money goes, it costs $10 to make 100 meals for children at schools, $15 to fill 2 fill schools with supplies, $25 is enough to buy seed for a village of 10 families. $60 buys a well with clean water for a village that has none or parisitic water. The bottom lne is that money goes a long way in nicaragua. Because this is charity, $25 is the least you can pay, I encourage everyone to donate more than $25 because nicaragua definitely needs it.

The prints themselves are extremely high quality and archival(they were done at a pro lab in my area). The image itself is about 7.75x 9.50 and the paper is 8x10(there is a border). The prints are not matted or framed but it would be easy to do so. All money recieved will go directly to the people of Nicaragua. It is $25 for one 8x10.

The bottom lne is that money goes a long way in nicaragua. Because this is charity, $25 is the least you can pay, I encourage everyone to donate more than $25 because nicaragua definitwely needs it.

I have decided the easiest way to do this is to set up a paypal account and have people semnd me money through paypal. If you arent comfortable with paypal, you can mail me a ceck made out to Students For 60,000. Before you send the money to me email me and tell me what number you are getting and how many. Shipping will be $4 for media mail(more for internatiuonal). My email address is [email protected] I will except aypal to this email.

Inventory:
1.jpg

image #1. There are 4 prints available
11.jpg

image #11. There are 5 prints available.
12.jpg

image #12. There are 4 prints available.
13.jpg

image #13. There are 5 prints available
14.jpg

image #14. There are 3 available
15.jpg

image #15. There are 5 available
2.jpg

image #2. There are 5 available
26.jpg

image #26. There are 5 available
3.jpg

image #3. There are 5 available
30.jpg

image #30. There are 4 available
31.jpg

image #31. There are 5 available
36.jpg

image #36. There are 5 available
38.jpg

image #38. There are 5 available

no one has any comments or is interested in buying one?

Davek,

Helping others is a very nobel pursuit and I applaud your efforts. The problem is that there are so many people out there running scams that it's hard to know who to trust. Unfortunately, people who post asking for money often keep it for themselves. Unless there is some sort of connection to an established group, people are going to be very warry. This makes it hard for the average person to help in the manner, but the sleaze-balls out there have made it very risky to trust someone you don't know. Sorry about that.

The money is sent through Students For 60,000 the group at my high school, thats who I went to Nicaragua with. I can understand mistrust but I am insulted by the level of disrespect given to me by a certain poster. This will be my last post at his forum, I havent seen anything to make me stay.

Adios

Mr.ReDEyE said:
what a scam....25 bucks for an 8X10?? ridiculous....

Are you serious?
25 bucks is almost to the point of being too low for a large print.

Mr.Redeye, this money goes to nicaragua. This month I traveled to Nicaragua to build houses with the club at my school Students For 60,000. All the money goes directly to Nicaragua. I can email you proof if needed.

People lets calm down please.
Davek I am sorry if you feel upset about this situation.
Mr Red Eye, you are making very bold statements here.
It goes both ways, if you do not feel comfortable buying prints, then leave it at that.
There is no need for such accusations. You have no proof that the money won't be donated to the children, but if you are interested in buying a print, then you should perhaps email Davek with your queries.
Voicing it here in such a way is out of line.

Davek, I think you will find that people may not believe you because of the way you have advertised it. You are not linked to any particular website and youve said the money is to go into your paypal account. This is why people are distrusting.

Folks, if you have a problem with this, please try and be civil.

I'm moving this to the classifieds forum for now.
Any other problems arise and I will close it.

thank you manda, im sorry if I sounded explosive, it's just that the accusations against me really bothered me. Anyone that would exploit the poor for their own funds disgusts me, therefore people claiming I'm one of those jerks makes me angry.

The money will go to Nicaragua through students For 60,000, if anyone is interested in helping but wants further assurance I can email them the records of how we spend donations and a page about our club.

Thank you

Davek said:
Anyone that would exploit the poor for their own funds disgusts me, therefore people claiming I'm one of those jerks makes me angry.

Unfortunately, I think it is fairly safe to say that the majority of charity offerings can be accused of doing exactly what you've described. This isn't to say that what you're working for is anything of the sort, but it is understandable that people have been groomed to expect it. Even most of the "valid" charities have been accused of cutting out a huge portion of donations to cover "administrative type costs". If memory serves, I believe I remember reading a report that claimed on average only 10 cents of every dollar donated ever makes it to the people/cause for which it was intended.

Also, running a web site forum, we seem to attract people that will do anything they can to get people to give them money. So, although I don't agree with the tone of a couple of the messages in this post, if you look at it from a typical forum member's point of view, it is very easy to see why their first impression was that of a scam.

I haven't personally done any research on the group you mentioned, so at this point, I have nothing to offer as far as offering an opinion one way or the other about your message. The more information you can offer, the more likely you will be to make people more comfortable with your request.

SF60K is a student run charity organization at Northport Hig School. Northport,NY. We raise money for the poor locally, nationally and internationally. I'll scan some information when I get home from school.

Most reactions

Back