Nice colour photo, please review

labelthc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I send U another photo made by www.rkstudio.pl
014.jpg

Tell me it's good or bad, what is wrong?

if you call it "nice" in the beginning, you make it hard to be honest for those people supposed to comment ;)

Anyway, I like the colours very much, however white balance is a bit off on the couple I think.

Also, regarding composition,

1. the background's horizontals are tilted. From where you took the picture, the perspective does not allow for vertical lines of the tower and the horizontal lines of the building to be at a 90 degre angle. To achive this, you should have changed your own position in a way that the line of sight is perpendicular to the building's walls.

2. the image is, for my taste, too bride-centred. poor him, he looks more like an add-on, but not like part of the subject.

.. still, the overall mood is good, mainly due to the warm colours of the background light plus the nice blue sky

I agree with Alex's comments, but it feels like they are both an add-on to me, since the tower is grabbing so much attention. I probably would have tried a lower angle and maybe a little closer to them so that they take up more of the image. The tower could still be in the background, but they wouldn't be as small in comparison.

nice colours...i dont think the wb is off that much on the couple, as it appears from the glow on the building, that the sun is low and casting the wonderful golden glow on everyone and everything....i like the colours and the composition...but a slightly straighter on pose would have straighten up the building, which is bugging me a bit....however....having shot lots of things like this, i would imagine the couple is very happy with it, as they look at things totally differently than we do! and its all about pleasing the customer....no, it may not win a photography contest...but it will please the customer!

The composition is nice, but I don't care for the color. Too yellow. Also, I would take out the wire or whatever it is in the top right corner.:)

Did you used an exposure blending? If not, I think it was not simple to get the right exposure both for couple and background, too. If you used a long exposure for background (and a flash for couple - but there are also 2 shadows from left and right), the couple stayed nice sharp for that...

Anyway, nice and interesting...

Most reactions

Back