Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, here are a few of the results of my first senior portrait session. (well, the first portion of it...we will be doing more at a later date)

Nicole001SM.jpg

Nicole003SM.jpg

Nicole004SM.jpg

Nicole008SM.jpg

Nicole012SM.jpg

Nicole013SM.jpg

Nicole014SM.jpg

Nicole015SM.jpg

Nicole016SM.jpg

Nicole020SM.jpg

Nicole022SM.jpg

Nicole024SM.jpg

In all, I ended up with 25 that I was quite happy with, just didn't feel like posting them all. :) I already know that she will be thrilled with them as well, cuz she was happy with what I showed her on my preview screen on my camera. :)

Way to go, Corry. My faves are 3, 7 and 12. She's going to be happy with them, undoubtedly.

Oh, #13 is really nice too! I personally like to see teeth with a smile, but I know a lot of people don't, so you've got all options covered here. ~~~Are these pictures that will go in a yearbook? Or are they just for her and her family/friends?

You've really exploded in the compositional/posing thing! Many of these are spot on, and very professional looking pictures.

Critique: two things 1) some of these seem a bit soft, or that the focus is in the slightly wrong place. The lighting seemed bright enough to use a smaller aperture to bring more of the face (especially) into focus. 2) I don't know the precision of your monitor at all, but I see a color cast on some of these. The first one has a bit of blue, making look washed out, for example, and others have too much red, making the face look spotty. Make sure you get the white balance right before converting, and watch your colors!

Other than those two little things, I see you really coming into your own, honing your eye quite well.

Wow Corry these are fantastic ... great job!

I get the feeling you really didn't need a whole lot of help with posing ideas after all!!

If I were to pick a fave it would be #7, though I'm sure she'll be thrilled with all of them :mrgreen:

Nice images here! Well Done

Thanks everyone! I'm incredibly happy with these, and can't wait to show them the finished pictures! Can't wait to do more shots with her, too!

Corry,
In addition to the great images, the young lady you were shooting looked like she was having a great time. When your subject is enjoying him or herself it come across in the pictures. Nice work.
Ed

Corry, I think you settled the issue of her not being relaxed in front of the camera (from previous "posing" post). She looks extremely comfortable and looks like she was having fun ... of course that's attributed to you.

I love all the poses. You definitely nailed that.

Here are a few comments:

1. A few of them are a bit soft and that might not be so much as an OOF problem as a much as shooting a bit to open. I had, and still do on occasion, have a major problem with this. :)

2. Watch out for muscle definition like her triceps in #7 .. unless she was actually wanting to show off her guns. In cases like this where the pose has her placing the weight on her arm, have her support herself more with her back and less with her arms. I get the model in a pose like this this literally try to move her hand off the ground. If it moves freely, she's supporting herself with her back and taking the focus off her muslces ... if her hand doesn't move she's got too much weight on it.

3. Some appear to be a little oversharpened but that could just be a result of jpg conversion and the lower resolution for posting.

4. I LOVE all of the poses and plan to use a few of them as my own, if you don't mind. :)

5. GREAT JOB !!!

Most reactions

Back