Niece portraits

catweh00

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Thanks again for the great comments on the last photos I posted (d70 shots). These are two pictures I fooled with today.

Please be as critical as you can--really, I am expecting some harsh brutality here, and I need to learn from my mistakes. I'm new, so discuss some of the fine points of photography to help me out. Thanks again everyone, and let the criticism begin!

For one, I posted 2 pictures again, c'mon, someone should slap me on that! No, jk, I only post two pictures now because one is a redo of the picture I posted yesterday--I changed it from sepia toned to black and white. Let me know if you like it any more--I hate the eyes though, they are too dark!

If anyone knows how to retain the blue eyes in photoshop with a b/w picture, help me!

Craig

16075787_img.jpg

16075788_img.jpg

To retain blue eyes I would duplicate the image/layer before converting to BW. Then cut or mask out the eyes of the top image/layer (leaving only the eyes). Next, convert the bottom image to BW.

Their are other waays but thats a pretty basic way and allows you the options of adjusting the colors of the eyes seperately from the BW.

The top photo I would crop portrait (lot of empty space on left and right) and the bottom one looks like it has to much DOF. The shirt is out of focus but it doesn't look prematurly done.

They way that I have always done it is to mask the eyes in the image and then do a new adjusment layer with the inverse loaded. (so everything but the eyes are selected) then do a new adjustment layer (hue and saturation) and do it that way! =) Good luck!!

Would this be were you would use the Orthochromatic effect? I've heard that it's really good with changing blues and greens into black and white.
I found a link with the instructions for it.

Orthocromatic Link

Most reactions

New Topics

Back