Night Life!

They're both really great, the milky way in the first is clear and has a nice colour, the star trails and light painting of the second are spot on!

I’ll let you in on a little secret. There is zero light painting in the second one.

There was no moon in the sky and we were miles from so much as a street light. So it’s 100% being lit by the star light reflecting off of the snow.

They're both really great, the milky way in the first is clear and has a nice colour, the star trails and light painting of the second are spot on!

I’ll let you in on a little secret. There is zero light painting in the second one.

There was no moon in the sky and we were miles from so much as a street light. So it’s 100% being lit by the star light reflecting off of the snow.

oooo very nice!

Do you know what's causing the lines in the snow in the second shot? Reflections from the stars maybe? Awesome shot!

Do you know what's causing the lines in the snow in the second shot? Reflections from the stars maybe? Awesome shot!

I think that’s artifact from post processing in Star Stax. Have yet to figure out how to eliminate it.

Love it! Was it hard to get the first photo? A milky way shot is on my to do list this year!

Not really. The hardest part is finding somewhere with dark skies and getting good weather while there is no moon in the sky.

Focusing can be a challenge but I use live view to focus on the brightest star I can see.

There’s more to know about choosing settings; if you want I can dive into them more when I get back to my laptop.

Love it! Was it hard to get the first photo? A milky way shot is on my to do list this year!

Not really. The hardest part is finding somewhere with dark skies and getting good weather while there is no moon in the sky.

Focusing can be a challenge but I use live view to focus on the brightest star I can see.

There’s more to know about choosing settings; if you want I can dive into them more when I get back to my laptop.

Sweet! I didn’t know about the moon. Is it best to do right at dark? Or wait till it’s really late? Where I live, it’s dark sky certified [emoji119][emoji119]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sweet! I didn’t know about the moon. Is it best to do right at dark? Or wait till it’s really late? Where I live, it’s dark sky certified [emoji119][emoji119]

Doing it on the new moon makes it the easiest. But you can also watch the moon rise and set times and shoot when it’s below the horizon.

If the moon is in the sky it’s brughtness override most of the stars in the sky and you won’t get a good Milky Way.

Doing it on the new moon makes it the easiest. But you can also watch the moon rise and set times and shoot when it’s below the horizon.

If the moon is in the sky it’s brughtness override most of the stars in the sky and you won’t get a good Milky Way.
Thanks so much! Great tips [emoji119][emoji119]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Two great shots, but that second one is totally fantastic even at the angle it is one of the best I have seen.

Most reactions

Back