Night Lights

TommiP

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bt-photography.com
Took some shots from a motorway bridge last night, just to try it out. Im sure mate will be posting his soon as he was trying the same thing out aswell.

I think they came out ok, but we could have done with more traffic on the road really. This was the first time at tryin this type of photo so please make comments on what you think.

1#
NIGHTLIGHTS1.jpg

2#
NIGHTLIGHTS2.jpg

3#
NIGHTLIGHTS3.jpg

I really like the sky effect in number 2 which contrasts well with the illuminated road, good suff

I also like #2, it's beautiful. But I like #3 just as much. It made me laugh, actually. The implied action is great, especially since it's only indirectly shown.

Glad you like them, i was quite pleased with how they came out especially coz it was my first attempt at this kind of shot, just could of done with more traffic. Thanks for your comments please keep posting your thoughts.

Yes, with No. 2 you have shot a real winner. I like that one best of the little series, too. And also how the one car ends his trip on the fast lane and returns (indicator duly set) to the left lane. Cool effect there. JamesD is saying it more elegantly, but I think we mean the same. ;)

Thanks for all these comments glad everyone likes them. I do like the way you can see the indicator on the car in the 3rd photo. I also think that the 2nd one was probably the best photo i took that night.

I will go out and try it again sometime, not bad for first attempt though!!!
Please keep posting your comments it is always good to hear what people think.

All you need to do is find a local motorway or bypass, that is all we did, we never really planned it out just grabbed cameras and went out in car. Try it out it really is quite easy to do, just makesure you have a tripod!
Might try it out on a busier road next time.

Was pleased with how the sky line worked with the light i saw it in some shots as i was takin then and decided to makesure i got it in for the rest of the shots.
Thanks for the comments please keep them coming.

Most reactions

Back