Reaction score
4490504364_fa0625d138.jpg

Camera: Canon Digital IXUS 95 IS
Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 6.2 mm
ISO Speed: 400
Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV

Here I felt the limitations of the camera used (IMHO, if there was something I could have done different please let me know) since there is an unacceptable level of noise at larger sizes :(

4490506784_f8d82ce525.jpg

the monochrome version looks better noise wise IMHO, but is there anything I could have done different to get a sharper image ?

For me I like the colour version. The warmth of colour is a big part of the shot. Many will like the mono equally though. I think you have produced a good shot considering the camera your using - I'm actually suprised there is not more noise at iso400. Seems to me your capable of a great shot and that it's actually your camera thats limiting you now - your pushing its bounderies with low light shots.

In short - - I like :)

thanks! it means a lot to me, I was shooting hand held, maybe a tripod could have helped me shoot at a lower ISO maybe even ISO 80 (my fav setting on this camera)

The photo looks good to me, but as you say if it were larger I'm sure you might see more imperfections. A smaller aperture will usually yield a sharper photo overall as well as a better depth of field (not that your DOF in this is bad). So yes, a tripod combined a narrower aperture and lower ISO would give a cleaner and sharper overall image, but given what you were working with I think you did well.

I prefer number one. I think the lines and angles are awesome. Good job. I might add a touch more contrast.

thanks! I was worried about the exposure since there were some portions that looked blown out...

I think this is a cool shot. The angle and cropping style don't usually work, but here it does IMO. Plus I love the colors.

Nice shot. Very phallic.

i personally like number 2. Looks mysterious and unsettling.

I also prefer #1 for the warm look. #2 looks cold and more suspect to me. Good job though:)

I like the first over the second! Colors look really good.

Did you do any PP to the image in terms of alterations (crops aside)? A little sharpening and contrast adjustment towards the top of the image could enhance the shot.

Most reactions

Back