Night Photos

Picksure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've seen some beautys here and would like to get better at them.
Here is one i tried this fall. Beside cutting off the top of the fountain, what else can make this type of shot better.

c095f711.jpg

thanks

f8
8sec
iso50
digital

hmm, in my eyes its a good clear shot and the only improvement i can think of is the one u mentioned. perhaps experiment with different shutter speeds and apretures?

I had no idea what the fountain would come out like. I was not paying attention to the background, just the fountain, and it seems I missed an opertunity to get some nice shots of the moon.
Thanks for the encouragement, it will six months till the fountain comes back on, but I shall get back to and try more with different settings.(and get the whole fountain :wink: )

I would try photographing verticialy instead of landscape as it would make the fountain look higher. Since you will be exposiing for the fountain try and find something in the foreground as a silhouet that will lead the eye the fountain or compliment the fountain and most important of all is to bracket your shot once you find the angle you like. Also when setting up your picture pay particular attention to the background as distractions can destroy a good picture. Go their before you shoot and plan your picture before hand,

Cruzin said:
I would try photographing verticialy instead of landscape as it would make the fountain look higher. Since you will be exposiing for the fountain try and find something in the foreground as a silhouet that will lead the eye the fountain or compliment the fountain and most important of all is to bracket your shot once you find the angle you like. Also when setting up your picture pay particular attention to the background as distractions can destroy a good picture. Go their before you shoot and plan your picture before hand,

One mistake I did make was just to "go take some photos".

Some great tips Cruzin, they are noted and will be put to use next summer.
Thanx

Great shot! I like the colors of the fountain and especially the moon. Not sure exactly how to improve it. If it was my shot, I would experiment until it looked better.

Most reactions

Back