Night Photos

digital flower

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
digitalflowerpictures.com
Based on what I learned when I posted some night photography here, some articles I read and some experimentation I went out at night again. Here are some of the results.
Comments, Critiques Welcome

#1 Waterfall. Jeez, it was cold out! Anybody some tips to keep the highlights from getting blown?

waterfall1reddingniteppf.jpg

#2 Train at a local station. You can get really close (maybe 4-5 feet from the trains). I was a bit flummoxed as the train arrived at the same time I did. Managed this 4 sec exposure.

loconiteppf.jpg

#3 Hope nobody minds me posting a 'Holiday' Tree :wink:

christmastreenite2ppf.jpg

#4 Church in New Milford, CT

newmilfordchurch1ppf.jpg

#5 Any suggestions on making this better?

bridgewaterchurchppf.jpg

I dig #4 the best then #5 the church is a nice subject. Its hard to see whats in #2, #3 wouldnt be bad if there was more to it... #1 looks alittle buissy maybe cropped or shot at alittle different angle.
exposure wise they look pretty good. keep it up.

no 1 is nice, i find to stop highlights getting blown add exposure compenstaion from - 1/2 to - 2

#4 really nice!
What lens and lenght of exposure?

I like them all, but personally would have cropped the first shop to accentuate the falls and the foreground and leave the stuff to the left for bin 13. The churches I wouldn't do anything different. Good work.

I like these photos. You have taken advantage of very well the environmental light. Greetings from Spain.

Me gustan mucho estas fotos. Has aprovechado muy bien la luz ambiental. Saludos desde España.

i really like #1, i have always been curious about taking photos of moving water at night but every time i have been in that situation there was no moon. my longest exposures still came out pitch black. love the church in #4 too. nice shots :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back