Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some photos i took at night ....Ben Franklin bridge...enjoy:blushing:
DSC_110050.jpg

DSC_10064.jpg

DSC_10063.jpg

1) The floor is distracting.
2) Whatever that thing is, it's very distracting.
3) Great but not sharp enough for my taste. Did you use a tripod and a timer/remote trigger?

yea i was useing tripod and timer...i dont know why pics turnout not so sharp:meh: maybe cus of my kit lens i dont have those expensive ones.....but soon...oh well am just beginner..........tanks for taking look at pics

1) The floor is distracting.
2) Whatever that thing is, it's very distracting.
3) Great but not sharp enough for my taste. Did you use a tripod and a timer/remote trigger?

Pretty spot on Felix, number one is my favorite but I agree the floor is distracting, maybe a crop out or a new shot? The Lighting of the bridge is definitely cool.

Good work. :thumbup:

Im no pro.. or semi pro.. barely an amatuer LOL.. But, I think these pics looks great for a beginner I would say.. Good start

maybe cus of my kit lens

Most likely. Don't worry too much about this though. It's something you can't change, for now. I, too, am using a kit lens for now and can't get the awesome pictures I want.

However, it might be something else that I learned about. Did you use any of the anti-shake or image stabilizers on the camera/lens? If you have the camera 100% shake-free (tripod and trigger), and still keep the anti-shake features on, the camera will actually vibrate slightly to counterbalance the shaking. Since there's no initial shake, though, you're left with a not-so-sharp image.

"Always temporarily switch off any anti-shake or image stabilisation systems when using a tripod. If the camera is perfectly steady these systems can actually introduce wobbling as they attempt to counteract something which isn’t there."

This is the article I learned this from. It also includes more techniques for taking night shots.

Cool bridge, the lights are really interesting

I think number one is the most appealing. Sometimes experimenting with different angles, perhaps getting closer to the bridge can help. To get a really great shot may require going back more than once to the same location and shooting in different light. For example if you shot the first photo with clouds in the sky and just before sunset you would have a dramatic sky as well. The dull sky is the most unappealing part of the shot. Go back just before or after sunset and try the shot again. You may get much more dramatic results.

pretty cool pictures. I love night shots. 1st is my fav, Im not a pro but i like alot of those reflectons. very colorful. like the last poster said try going back at different times. get a little sky in there. you can pull a sky out of nowhere on long exposures. :)

try a higher f-stop... mebbe f8 and see if it any sharper... and turn the IS off...

like others mentioned theres problems w/ the composition...

but it's a nice start and they def. have potential!

maybe cus of my kit lens

Most likely. Don't worry too much about this though. It's something you can't change, for now. I, too, am using a kit lens for now and can't get the awesome pictures I want.

However, it might be something else that I learned about. Did you use any of the anti-shake or image stabilizers on the camera/lens? If you have the camera 100% shake-free (tripod and trigger), and still keep the anti-shake features on, the camera will actually vibrate slightly to counterbalance the shaking. Since there's no initial shake, though, you're left with a not-so-sharp image.

"Always temporarily switch off any anti-shake or image stabilisation systems when using a tripod. If the camera is perfectly steady these systems can actually introduce wobbling as they attempt to counteract something which isn’t there."

This is the article I learned this from. It also includes more techniques for taking night shots.
That's a pretty darned awesome protip.

Most reactions

Back