Night shooting...

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay...I got really board last night around 0300, and since I couldn't sleep, I grabbed my camera and went outside and fired off some long exposures. I took about 50 pictures when I realized I had no idea what I was doing...I don't do night photography.

I wasn't really shooting for anything in particular, so please ignore any composition issues you see here, but what do you think of the exposures and color?

nighttree.jpg

downtown.jpg

I personally like night shots because they look like daytime under long exposure, but much more harsh. one tiny light will blow out half the picture and it just produces odd results. I love the first picture, did you do anything to get the sky like that?

On the second picture the lens flare is annoyingly distracting as are the street lights. Im not sure what you could have done other than maybe an HDR type job (another shot properly exposing the lights to blend in).

All in all I really like picture 1, and picture 2 is just eh for me

I love the first picture, did you do anything to get the sky like that?

I vignetted the corners, if that is what to what you refer. Other then that, no. The building behind the tree is the local high school, and has lots of lights on top of the building.

I vignetted the corners, if that is what to what you refer. Other then that, no. The building behind the tree is the local high school, and has lots of lights on top of the building.

ah that must be it. not paying attention to the rest of it, it looks as if the tree is glowing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back