Night shots

NoChance

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was looking forward to going to this spot for a few weeks now, I had a perfect picture painted within my head. It is dark, the fountain lights up and there will be some nice light trails in the background. Well I forgot about the pesky streetlights. This is what I got, I am not too happy with it. Thoughts/comments/questions/critique?

7.jpg

Fountain shot, It would have been such a great shot minus those lights....

41edit2midnightgreen.jpg

this one Came out really bad, but I applied a digital filter (using color efex pro) And made it darker and a little bit tinted. So I kinda of saved it. There were like a million stars on the original.

exposureoncornerofbonnyview010.jpg

on the way home. By far my favorite.

55edit.jpg

another shot. I also edited this one. What I did was I cropped one photograph that I took that had an excellent light trail, but flared at some parts. Turn it 90 degrees, gave it a reddish tint, and well it looks kind of cool now.

Tell me what you guys think please. By the way I have been photographing for a month.

the first is by far my favorite

i think the others could gain from a little longer exposure?

3 is pretty cool tho

welcome to the forum keep shooting i hope to see more

I think the lights in the first one make the photo. The other three are all too dark for me.

Heya NoChance, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.

Well, I'm afraid I cannot but agree with DeepSpring and D-50: the last three photos are a bit dark, and my screen IS a bright one! So I definitely like the first best, too, although your DREAM photo was different and without the street lights. But by choosing the small aperture that you apparently chose, you created this nice star effect, so I personally don't find them disturbing, much rather do I find they are a nice addition to your photo.

I like number 3. You took the picture at the right time of night....dark but not too dark. Nice job.

oldnavy170 said:
I like number 3. You took the picture at the right time of night....dark but not too dark. Nice job.

Opps, I meant to say I like picture one. That was the one I was describing. :confused:

Most reactions

Back