Nightclub Photography

So are you going to tell us what processing you're doing....or your just....not....going to?

Awesome shots. Although I personally thought #2's lady was a man from the boobs up.

Great work,
I am by no means an expert at nightclub photography, but have had a little bit of experience.
Am i right to think that you are shooting these with long exposures, then setting the flash to fire after a certain amount of "open shutter time?"
What ever you are doing keep up the great work.

thanks for the comments, guys. burnws6, look up LucisArt. that should give you an idea on how I process my pix. anyway, here are from fri&sat(more at NightlifeXtion.com):

Club%20Pic%20006.jpg

Club%20Pic%20010.jpg

Club%20Pic%20014.jpg

Club%20Pic%20044.jpg

Club%20Pic%20045.jpg

Club%20Pic%20014.jpg

Club%20Pic%20015.jpg

Wow yall are screwing up a perfectly good thread. Great shots.

I am going to Photoshop World Conference in Orlando in MARCH and there will be a class on concert photography. You just made me want to look into that a little more. Thanks and once again great shots!

I think these are such good night club shots. They have a lot more too them that getting the hot drunk girls to hug and smile. It makes me really wish I was there.

some good shots but in a lot of them, there's something off about the skin tone/texture. looks kind of fake.

some good subjects though! i've done some similar stuff at a couple raves, the rear curtain flash and a long exposure works pretty nicely to freeze the action and still give the impression of movement and energy in the crowd.

lol sluts.

Great pics man. I like the whole vibe to them.

#4 of that last set has that "I just took 1 to many shots of Jager and will be in a stall or parking lot throwing up and embarassing the guy I'm with by yelling at other girls that walk by".

Seen it a million times. lol

cool shots but I agree, the orangish tint does nothing for me
Thats not PP
Thats what some woman look like, I hate when they do it, you can always tell they are slutty when they look like that.
I wish women would have just a little Self-respect and stop turning into oompa loompas to look tanned, they dont look tanned, they look like they drink too much carrot juice.

where is the flash? is it off camera? or on a flash bracket?

The reason I can tell that the lights are layered IN SOME of the pictures from a different exposure is that lights streaming (blurring) and within the same picture a girls hair is frozen in action (actually in one of them it looks like someone drew hearts with a light)...you cannot achieve that with a single exposure (while stopping the action on your subject), which seems why alot of people are confused about what kind of lighting you used to capture the pictures.

Actually, yes, you can. It can be difficult in some lighting conditions, but certainly achievable. Others have explained it already, but its basically just using a longer shutter to blur the lights, paired with a flash (that usually goes off at the end) to freeze the action of the subjects.

Anyways, great, great, great pictures. I would hate to see what I would have produced if asked to film this event. Certainly nothing as dynamic as this. HOWEVER, I have to agree with others about the skin tones. EVEN if that's how the girls naturally are (though you can tell it's not completely natural), it's a pretty easy fix in post and IMO you should play with turning down the color saturation on the girls. I'd probably just go and do it in levels or the channel mixer and then mask out the parts you don't want.

But seriously, great pictures!

Looks like ya'll have some fun in that club. Love the affect. Wish you would maybe take some of the advice given in the post and try and tone down the skin tones for a more realistic feel. But other than that I totally am diggin' these shots!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back