Nightclub Photography

Andy5D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Its been a while since ive been on here , been busy with work ect
im just looking for some help , ive had my cannon 5D for a while now , ive been gettin alot of work in nightclub at the min , but im 100% my camera isnt set right , what kind of iso f/stop should i be looking at ?

well the two are connected so hard to say. Depends on the light available and if you are using a flash. I would say pretty wide open and 800 or higher on the iso. What lens are you using?

First of all...

It's Canon, not Cannon. You should know that. Secondly, nightclub photography is somewhat circumstantial. Why don't you post photos with the EXIF intact from a hosting site like Minus - Free Image and File Sharing and we will be able to give you additional guidance from there.

using a 24-105

this is the kind of effect im looking for from a gig a while ago
58348_470955805209_665400209_6869580_6310985_n.jpg

this is what im gettin at the moment
395393_10150592962490210_665400209_10959701_1679298095_n.jpg

Can you use a flash? Use second curtain or sync flash to get a nice lit background. If you aren't using a flash then anything over 800 (to me) looks to grainy.

yeah using a flash dont undertsand yu when u say use second curtain or sync flash

OP, please include the EXIF DATA with your photos.

IT WOULD REALLY HELP, DUDE.

From Wikipedia:

The metadata tags defined in the Exif standard cover a broad spectrum:

• Date and time information. Digital cameras will record the current date and time and save this in the metadata.
  • Camera settings. This includes static information such as the camera model and make, and information that varies with each image such as orientation (rotation), aperture, shutter speed, focal length, metering mode, and ISO speed information.
  • A thumbnail for previewing the picture on the camera's LCD screen, in file managers, or in photo manipulation software.
  • Descriptions
  • Copyright information.
I mean that you should upload the original files from your computer (don't re-download them from facebook, you need to upload the original exported JPEGs) to Minus - Free Image and File Sharing like I suggested in my earlier post.

just drag the shutter

Well, your shutter speed was pretty slow at 8/10 second (1/1.25 second)... You were shooting at 55mm, which would be far too long for that shutter speed. Your ISO was on 400, and you didn't use flash. The aperture used was f/4 making the photo pretty underexposed except for the lights. There also appears to be some camera shake involved as well.

You can get a similar effect using a slow shutter and second curtain flash. The incidental light will illuminate your subjects for the duration of the shutter, but the flash at the end of the shutter will freeze them for a very cool effect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back