Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
nightlight.jpg

What a lovely image....glowing and dream-like. Very interesting to view. :D

I like your picture alot! Do you think you could/should take out the 4 lights in the center of the pic under the pier? They are a bit distracting. Other than that it rocks.

how long exposure was that? And was it hand held? I've done some simmilar pics but they weren't as sharp as yours

captain-spanky said:
hasn't this been posted before?

Yes, about a year or so ago. Nice memory! I'm happy that it had some impact that made you remember it...

I have since posted this image on other "gallery" style photo sites and have received comments regarding the blue light and that some thought it distracting. I am posting it again to see what you folks will say and it hasn't been mentioned.

So, here is the version without the light.

Better?

Tuna

nightlightNL.jpg

mentos_007 said:
how long exposure was that? And was it hand held? I've done some simmilar pics but they weren't as sharp as yours

Thanks for your comment.

This was a 4 or 8 second exposure (can't remember exactly...) at f5.6 or 8 on Kodak EC slide film - on a tripod.

Tuna

OM-Guy said:
I like your picture alot! Do you think you could/should take out the 4 lights in the center of the pic under the pier? They are a bit distracting. Other than that it rocks.

Ooops...I forgot to remove those lights. But I agree with you that they are unnecessary - will remove them when I finally decide on the final version...

Thanks!

Tuna

Ummm cannot understand why someone would like the photo better without the light?

The blue light to me is counterpoint to the moon, without it a strong element of the photo is lost.

If you want to get rid of something maybe the blue reflection in the water or if possible shorten the reflection

Personally I didn't mind the light, but the reflection of the light did detract a lot from the image. I remember this posted before, liked it then, and still like it now. Great work.

Cruzin said:
Ummm cannot understand why someone would like the photo better without the light?

The blue light to me is counterpoint to the moon, without it a strong element of the photo is lost.

Without the light and its reflection, the picture looks empty to me. The reflection on the shore and the light beam reflection help to lead me into the picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back