NightLights On The Waterfront.

Interesting shot. My only comment would be that it would be interesting to shoot this in portrait mode and concentrate on the lit ship. Portrait mode would give you a bit more space for the lights and the reflections at the top and bottom of the image. As it stands now, the reflection is a bit to close to the bottom of the image. Also, a portrait mode would get rid of a lot of the other boats, which, in my opinion, do not serve a useful purpose in this image. Remember that the best images are those that are as simple as possible without losing any aspect of the subject.

WesternGuy

Thanks for the feed back but IMO portrait orientation does not work unless the boat was isolated alone then a portrait may work. The sail boat mass is behind other boats and the dock that sits in front so Landscape orientation works better because there is other things going on such as the clouds and the reflections in the water that all get lost in a portrait orientation. If i had wider angle i would have went that way before portrait on a landscape shot.

Most reactions

Back