Nighttime photography pictures from last night

SeanL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went out tonight to take some pictures of our community clubhouse. I was going to take pictures of the fountains, but the water was drained for some reason, so I settled for these. I think I'm in love with nighttime photography now. Since I was using a high ISO, there was some noise unfortunately. I'll have to pick up Noise Ninja or something else. Also, there was no photo editing at all, these are straight off the camera, except for number 4 which I lightened up just a tad. This was my first attempt at night photography, so let me know what you think. Taken with a Nikon D70.

Nighttime9.jpg

Nighttime2.jpg

Nighttime3.jpg

Nighttime4.jpg

Nighttime5.jpg

Nighttime6.jpg

Nighttime7.jpg

Nighttime8.jpg

Interesting shots! I'll bet these were a lot of fun to take!! Keep shooting!

You did really well! Congrats!
And not only did you try out nighttime photography for the first time, you also played around a bit and tried your hands at some zoomers! Cool!
I really like your Photo 1 here, and the effect created on that one in Photo 2. And as a sucker for the colour green, I must like Photo ... hmph, gotta count them through again (can't you number them, and if only for me, please? ;)) ... Photo --- ach: the last but one!

Zoomers, can some one explain please? im assuming its where you take a shot while zooming ! am i right?

but anyway id have to say i like '1' the best!

Yes, long exposure and you zoom in while you expose. We here call them zoomers. I don't know if that is a proper term, though. I only learned to use that term here on your very TPF ;).

LaFoto said:
Yes, long exposure and you zoom in while you expose. We here call them zoomers. I don't know if that is a proper term, though. I only learned to use that term here on your very TPF ;).

I call it "zooming the lens while the image is being captured" lol.

Thanks for the comments guys, any questions or more thoughts?

Well then: isn't "zoomer" a helpful (since short and still quite to the point!) little term? I think so. And you did well with yours - my first attemps all got very wavey lines for the lens would not move in smoothly. So again: you did well!

Most reactions

Back