Nikkor 18-135mm lens, under $180 bucks - WORTH IT?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey just wondering if anyone here has the 18-135 non-VR Nikkor lens? I have the opportunity to purchase it for about 179 dollars and not sure if its worth it.

Currently I have the 18-55mm, the 55-200, and the 50mm 1.8, so its not going to ADD any length I don't have, but it would be nice to be able to go from 18-135 during event shoots without having to switch. I could see it becoming my everyday lens to shoot with my family, since it goes from so wide to a decent zoom.

Then again, its just as slow as the 18-55, so I wonder if I'd even LIKE it.

Thoughts?

My opinion? I wouldnt bother with it. Like you said its not going to give you anything you dont already have. I say save you money. Look to replace the 18-55 and 55-200 with something better. Better? Whats better? 2.8 glass. Good third party glass(Tamron, Sigma) can be purchased from $275 to $350, Keep saving and practice with what you have....My .02 cents.

My opinion? I wouldnt bother with it. Like you said its not going to give you anything you dont already have. I say save you money. Look to replace the 18-55 and 55-200 with something better. Better? Whats better? 2.8 glass. Good third party glass(Tamron, Sigma) can be purchased from $275 to $350, Keep saving and practice with what you have....My .02 cents.
I agree 100%
You aren't getting anything that you don't already have, no reason to mess with it.

Agreed. I have the lens in question - save your money. It's not that good of a lens. You definitely want to get some faster glass first.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back