Nikkor 24-70 2.8... anyone here shoot one?

cgipson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just ordered one.. and was curious about what TPF'ers thought of the lens. I have read nothing but good about it... and was hoping to hear some likes / dislikes.

Great! What do you use it for primarily? I will be shooting in my DX body.. so the range is a little different.. but it is a range I really like when I am shooting people.

It's one of the "Trinity" lenses. The Grail so to speak of quality glass. It's my walkabout. It's the lens that's mounted 70% of the time to my body. On a FX body it's a nice wide angle to short telephoto lens. Congrats on your new purchase, where did you order from?

Great! What do you use it for primarily? I will be shooting in my DX body.. so the range is a little different.. but it is a range I really like when I am shooting people.

its my 90% everything lens. Once in a blue moon my Tokina 11-16 gets used or a longer zoom. But for low light/night shots, portrait, walk around, and an occasional kenko macro tube this is the one.

Adorama.. I have always had good service from them.

Trinity Lenses.. lol! Yea.. so I have heard. One of these days.. I will probably breakdown and get the 70-200 2.8 also.... but not right now! :) I have the 10-24 DX for my 7000.. so probably wont go to the 14-24. Don't shoot the ultra-wides that much.

its my 90% everything lens. Once in a blue moon my Tokina 11-16 gets used or a longer zoom. But for low light/night shots, portrait, walk around, and an occasional kenko macro tube this is the one.

You sound like you shoot it like I plan to! :) I think I made a good choice!

the 70-200vr (1) is a great addition for your DX body and more affordable than the VRII version.

the 70-200vr (1) is a great addition for your DX body and more affordable than the VRII version.

yea.. but I have this issue.. I never buy last years model, unless it IS better. The VRII would be what I want.. especially since I plan on picking up a FX body, maybe the 800 after I see what it looks like. I was almost tempted to wait and see it the rumours are true.. and Nikon is bringing out a VR version of the 24-70...

+1

I've been waiting forever for the FX "D700 upgrade", in the meantime i'm using a D7000

yep.. I am thinking they are going to be alot alike.. so can't go wrong there!

]Trinity Lenses.. lol! Yea.. so I have heard. One of these days..
Something like this?

780445276_5vAcs-XL.jpg

:biggrin:

24-70 is the king of standard lens and the best partner of 70-200. Loves mine, but the main weakness is only the lack of VR element, and maybe the price...

Sent from my iPad using PhotoForum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back