Nikkor AF-S 50mm 1.4 G or AF 50mm 1.4 D. ?

Brittney0726

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which lens would be more ideal for shooting families and kids in low light? The Nikkor AF-s 50 mm 1.4 G or the Nikkor AF 50 mm 1.4 d. I can't really seem to find much difference between the two. Other than the AF- s is a prime lens. I would be using the lens on a d7000 camera.

The bokeh of the AF-S G model is smoother than that of the 20+ year-old AF-D design. Honestly, I think the 50mm AF-D is an "ugly" imager...if it were me, I'd spring for the 1.4 AF-S G model.

What about the Sigma 50mm 1.4? The bokeh on that lens is beautiful.

I had the nikon 1.4G for about 4 months and i sold it last week. bokeh was rough and it was kinda soft wide open. Built quality was amazing but the image quality imo was on par with the 1.8 af-d. i will give the sigma 50 1.4 a try.

Well they both have the same max aperture... so yes. Same in low light.

50mm 1.4 sigma Ex st hsm lens looks like a good choice. But will it be ok on my d7000 NIKON camera. I want to make sure.

Yes it will work fine on your D7000.

Sorry ex dg hsm 50mm 1.4 lens Damn auto correct. I just to make sure that lens will be good on my d7000 camera.

Another happy Sigma 50 1.4 owner here, no great shock the image quality is similar with the 1.8 AF-d ghache. This is because the optical designs have stayed incredibly similar even with the updated versions, it seems the major changes lie in using rounded aperture blades and implementing AF-S into the lenses.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back