Nikkor DX 55-200mm - VR?

Willwors

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am quite interested in the Nikkor 55-200mm DX lens and my local camera store has a used one coming in at a very reasonable price. However, it's the model without VR.

What is the opinion of having VR on this lens? Is it worth it, and is there a noticeable improvement in sharpness over the standard model? I'm trying to decide if I should search for a VR model or just go for the good deal.

Many thanks,

Will

How good of a deal is it compared to the VR version? I know adorama has the VR version for 150 refurbished but I dont know if they ship to London.

VR will make much more of a difference at longer focal lengths. That is to say that it's much more important and will play a larger role on a 55-200 than it is on, say, an 18-55. That said, I think the VR is very nice to have at 200mm; I would recommend having it.

The 55-200 is pretty light, and VR will only help at higher shutter speeds. If you're shooting in low light it will help, if you're shooting in good light - not so much.

Also, if you shoot from a tripod you're supposed to disable VR.

+! agreeing with the previous two. I would pass on the non-VR and If I had to, save for the one with VR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back