nikkor glass!

M

MDowdey

Hi all, just bout a 50mm nikkor af lens for the old n75. Wow what a friggin difference in the clarity in the glass! why didnt anyone tell me this before?!?!

:roll:

md

The glass isn't different, it's brighter because of the speed of the lens and ease of focus. I have a 50mm for my x370 and it's sure easier to see through than my zoom.

yeah! im technically DE- clined about lenses, but i do know that the pictures came out way more crisp!

md

A good reason for nikkor purchace is crisp pictures. :D Gives you more choices with your work.

Chuck

all fixed focal length lenses are much sharper than zoom lenses. I love my 50mm 1.7 lens

voodoocat said:
all fixed focal length lenses are much sharper than zoom lenses. I love my 50mm 1.7 lens

awesome, just plain awesome.

md

Yeah, my nikkor 50mm 1.4 is definately my sharpest lens. (well, it runs neck and neck with my 85mm 1.4)

Also, when lens shopping, don't discount Tamron. They're making some real nice stuff these days. So much so, that they are even making some lens' for Nikon. I bought a Tamron 24-135mm for my wedding business. It's on my camera 75% of the time and delivers some sharp photos.

excellent! thanks for the tip paddyjoe!

how much was that nikon 85mm?

md

Just under one million :lol:

Actually, I think I paid a little under $900. Probably find it on e-bay cheaper. Sweet, sweet portait lens. The only drawback I've found is it's lack of close focusing ability.

whew.. good lenses are soo expensive. Especially the lesser made lenses like the 85mm. I think 135mm is a few hundred cheaper.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back