Nikon 1.2 Primes - we have patents...but nothing else

Why F1.2? Here's why:

062.jpg

man this is heaven!
The Canon 50mm f/0.95 Dream Lens Review by Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

One can see that the pictures are so deep and rich....its almost like they pop out of screen and have another dimension to them...so good. somehow its not only the DOF or the light that you can get with 1.2 or 0.95...on flicker i saw pictures of the leica 0.95 that i almost fell off my chair...every photo is like art! so its also the glass in itself is much superior...fact is that one can REALLY see it in sample images...the 1.8's can't get close to this kind of look...or my eyes are not good anymore...

About getting the 1.4's in the meantime...your right that is a healthy approach....but i might as well get a second hand manual 50 1.2 and hope that i can manage with a D800's viewfinder to focus with it...(and it will be great for video), these days one can find it on ebay for about 600$ i think...something like that...anyway i guess it will be at least a year before we see even a sign of a 1.2 AF version from Nikon...

Why F1.2? Here's why:

062.jpg

Well, "this" is f/3.2. Your point being, what, exactly??? This has smoother,creamier bokeh, and less depth of field.

152557201.jpg

And here's a severe crop of that frame...By the way, this is from an old, yucky 12 MP D2x sensor...

152557202.jpg

man this is heaven!
The Canon 50mm f/0.95 Dream Lens Review by Steve Huff | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

One can see that the pictures are so deep and rich....its almost like they pop out of screen and have another dimension to them...so good. somehow its not only the DOF or the light that you can get with 1.2 or 0.95...on flicker i saw pictures of the leica 0.95 that i almost fell off my chair...every photo is like art! so its also the glass in itself is much superior...fact is that one can REALLY see it in sample images...the 1.8's can't get close to this kind of look...or my eyes are not good anymore...

About getting the 1.4's in the meantime...your right that is a healthy approach....but i might as well get a second hand manual 50 1.2 and hope that i can manage with a D800's viewfinder to focus with it...(and it will be great for video), these days one can find it on ebay for about 600$ i think...something like that...anyway i guess it will be at least a year before we see even a sign of a 1.2 AF version from Nikon...

With Leica lenses you get the Leica glow, the Canon lens is affordable dont thing i wiil ever be able to afford the Leica F0.95

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Most reactions

Back