Nikon 12-24 Price

Discussion in 'Nikon Lenses' started by Tarazed, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Tarazed

Tarazed TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I have seen the Nikkor 12-24 used on Adorama for around $684, with their warranty. What would be a fair price to buy one off Craigslist? One is for sale locally, but it seems too close to the Adorama price to justify the lack of warranty.

Thanks

2. zamanakhan

zamanakhan TPF Noob!

hmm the problem is, some lenses dont actually loose their value as much once they are used. Not everyone realizes that they loose warranty when buying used and decide to buy used lenses on classifieds for close to their selling price, thus driving up the costs of such lenses locally. If its any more than $500 just buy brand new.
    Having said that, i have never had a lens fail on me, as long as you give it a thorough inspection when buying, it should last a long time.

3. spicyTuna

spicyTuna TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    There's always the tokina 12-24 f4 too which is much cheaper. You just need to have a Nikon with a screw drive autofocus.

4. Tarazed

Tarazed TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

I went in a different direction and picked up a 20mm f3.5 Voigtlander. It's manual focus, which is no big deal for my intended uses. I also think its wide enough for me. Time will tell, so far so good.