Nikon 18-140mm lens problem with VR

abrarhayat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got my nikon D5300 with 18-140mm about 4 months ago, but recently when I turn on my vr , my lens jumps up and down a few times clearly seen through the viewfinder. But that's the least of the problem, when this happens the flash won't open in Manual mode or when i press the shutter button in this state, the screen goes blank the its all hanged. But if if I turn off the VR right then, the camera turns back to normal. Please tell me how to fix it. I'm not even sure if its the lens or the body because I have only one lens.

I suggest you shut down the camera, remove the lens, clean all your contacts and try again. If it still happens then the VR unit may have failed - if it's still under warranty return to a nikon service centre for repair.

You would expect to see the VR start up and shortly after stabilize in the viewfinder if you happen to be looking in the viewfinder when VR is turned on.

Indeed, one of the big advantages over VR (image stabilization, or IS) in the lens is that the viewfinder image is stabilized,
IS in the camera body cannot be seen in the viewfinder.

I agree with Pejacre that the deal with the flash unit may indeed indicate that the VR is interacting adversely with the camera and sending the lens to Nikon is in order.

Thanks a lot! But what exactly do I put in the description when I send it out to Nikon?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back