Nikon 18-70 3.5/4.5g

pandita

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

So I just sold my D3000 with it's kit lens (18-55) and upgraded to a D90.

The thing is the only lens I have is the 35mm 1.8.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing lens, but I would like to have something that's a little wider.

I read up reviews and sample images taken with the lens and I really like it.

I found it online for 200 used and it good shape.

What do you guys think? I don't have much spending money and this seems like a good deal.

that is a decent lens, you can probably find it cheaper though. look on craigslist, i see one as low as 160.

The 18-70 is an outstanding lens optically, sharp, with excellent colour rendition ( Example ) and is an ideal zoom range on a crop-sensor, BUT its build quality is as poor as its other qualities are strong, and while I still use mine frequently. I feel that I have to be careful with it. I would look for a used one in the <$200 range.

I have an 18-70, it's just as sharp as my old Nikon 17-55 f/2.8. Too bad they stopped making them.

Alright, so! I ended up getting an OK condition 18-70mm from craigslist for only 100 bucks! outside it has nothing wrong with it, except it his a small small chip on the thread where the hood goes, but I'm sure it'll still hold the hood. And inside it has a few tiny dust specs, and it has a small hairsized scratch on the lens.

The one thing that bothers me is that the part of the barrel that extends out can be wiggled around a bit, is this how this lens comes? Or is it something wrong? The lens works flawlessly and I know I got a great bargain for only paying 100 dollars!

Let me know guys, thanks!

Most reactions

Back