Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S NIKKOR VR

734e795e-fed8-44a8-8373-0a8f67516108_rw_1920.jpg
I love this lens for it's versatility in the backcountry. This is my go-to lens when I'm hiking and backpacking, though I also carry an f2.4 16mm prime lens for stars and some landscapes; it is much more advantageous to be traversing with this lens and possibly catching wildlife/landscapes than to be stuck with a prime lens [with a similar focal length] that I would have to switch out (and realistically miss the moment).
That being said, I would love to replace this lens with a longer prime lens (which, for me, is unaffordable at the moment). For the time being this lens has served me very well.

Last edited:
Sounds like the perfect tool for certain situations. It is not for macro or high resolution landscape but in the right application, it is perfect and I find the D750 a very forgiving camera.

I love this lens for it's versatility in the backcountry. This is my go-to lens when I'm hiking and backpacking, though I also carry an f2.4 16mm prime lens for stars and some landscapes; it is much more advantageous to be traversing with this lens and possibly catching wildlife/landscapes than to be stuck with a prime lens [with a similar focal length] that I would have to switch out (and realistically miss the moment).
That being said, I would love to replace this lens with a longer prime lens (which, for me, is unaffordable at the moment). For the time being this lens has served me very well.
Beautiful shot. I don't think the most expensive lens money can buy would have appreciably improved that shot. It really is the content that counts.

Beautiful shot. I don't think the most expensive lens money can buy would have appreciably improved that shot. It really is the content that counts.

Thank you -- this lens does impress me sometimes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back