Nikon 28-70/2.8 vs other 24 or 28-70 /2.8 lenses

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've been thinking of replacing my push-pull 35-70/2.8 lens after some outside work pointed towards a cloudy covered sun. I didn't like the photos and it has a rap for issues towards the sun. Plus I would like a little more focal length anyways.

Thus I was looking at the 28-70/2.8 which is a big stretch for the budget. (ie, don't even bother recommending the 24-70/2.8 unless you're going to sell me a pristine one for pennies on the dollar).
But what other non-Nikon lenses are high quality build/construction and image but lower priced than a used 28-70/2.8 ?

NOTE: To add to the confusion (mine) I also have a 24-85/2.8-4 Nikon lens. So the quality would have to be above that lens.
Or I may just opt to keep my 24-85 and sell the 35-70 instead of replacing it. choices choices :waiting:

Thanks

Last edited:
a lot of lens have a hard time being shot toward the sun. They say the 24-70 is the best in that regard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sigma 24-70 2.8 is not a bad lens and used is very reasonably priced.

You might try finding a Tokina 28-70/2.6-2.8 ATX PRO (1) : first version with the screw on lens hood. Very good lens for about $400. This is not the same as later iterations of that lens. Some chromatic aberration typical of Tokina (apparently) but fixable in camera and in post. I really like mine and will not give it up anytime soon. Bought it second hand sight unseen from a fellow across the country.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back