Nikon 50 mm 1.4 D

jeffgordon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just bought NIKON 50mm 1.4 D used from ebay. Lens appears to be in a good shape with no focusing issues. But there is a little rattling sound when I gently shake the lens (likes something is loose inside). I looked it up online and found that a lot of people mentioned the same thing. The lens was $200 and I still have time to return it. Please advise me what to do. It takes good pictures and focuses fast and accurate. I am new to photography. Thank you.

Last edited:
I just shook all my lenses and they make a rattling noise too. I wouldn’t worry about it.

The rattling noise is 100% normal.That's why so many people mention it. It's part of the aperture stop-down mechanism's normal, designed manner of functioning.

thank you friends. I love this lens and $200 is a good price for a good condition lens. I appreciate your help! Now i can relax

thank you friends. I love this lens and $200 is a good price for a good condition lens. I appreciate your help! Now i can relax

Relax ?
Are you crazy ?

You got a new lens, go and use it :)

I have the 50mm 1.4D and it became very fast one of my most beloved lens, its so frick'n sharp that I feel like singing every time I see the results from this lens.

Enjoy your new lens!

Most reactions

Back