Nikon 50mm 1.8G

krystalynnephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Used like 5 times, perfect condition, no scratches. $200 + shipped w/ insurance. Thanks.

wow, thats super high. i assume its the AF-S version? u can buy a brand new D version for about $100 w/free shipping. this will be a hard sell.

wow, thats super high. i assume its the AF-S version? u can buy a brand new D version for about $100 w/free shipping. this will be a hard sell.

All G lenses are AF-S. And comparing it to the price of a D is apple & oranges......

Yes, you can buy the D version for considerably less, but the G version IS a better lens, and sells for more just about anywhere.
That said, OP: Just FYI--A new 50mm f/1.8g is about $220. Used ones are going for anywhere between $160 and $175. At $200, it's just not worth the savings to buy it used instead of new, where you'd get a warranty on it.
I have one I'll be selling (if I ever get my act together to do it) so I've been doing a lot of research on this. I've just not seen them selling for over $175.

lower the price and ill consider it

Thanks everyone. $185+shipped. I'm shipping from an FPO in Japan, so that's being considered in my price. :)

Thanks everyone. $185+shipped. I'm shipping from an FPO in Japan, so that's being considered in my price. :)

people here in the states are unlikely to spend close to "new" prices on a used item just because it will cost you more to ship it.
especially on a lens so readily available pretty much everywhere.
a better solution might be to advertise locally and try to sell it over there. You could also try Ebay.

Assuming everyone on this forum is in the states?

In all seriousness, if no one buys it, no big deal... I'll keep it for my backup body. And if someone does, great. It's posted here for someone who may be interested.

Not everyone, but I'd say there's very few on here who are in Japan.

Most of the "regulars" seem to be US or UK, with some others thrown in from India, Pakistan, a few different places in Europe, etc. I've seen one or two from Japan, but none recently.

Most reactions

Back