Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens

Bantx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thinking about ordering this for my D3000, but wanted to see some opinions on it before I did. If you've had experience with it, how is it?

Many people like it, but you will have to manually focus it. You could also look into the 35 mm 1.8 DX lens for a similar conclusion (except gaining autofocus)

Also had a question about this also

Nikon 28mm f/2.8D AF Nikkor Lens

and I'll look that up Ross thanks!

AFD lens will work but will not autofocus on the d3000.

I love it, and I think it's a good idea to learn to manual focus that lens, considering it's probably one of the hardest. When you get it right, the picture is amazing. Get it you won't regret it

almost every nikkor lens will "work", but not focus/color metering/something else that I can't recall...

Oh alright so most of DX lenses will have auto focus?

if the model says AF-S in it, that mean that it has the Silent Wave Motor built into the lens for autofocusing. The D90 and higher up models have a focus motor built into the camera body.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Just so you don't miss any opportunities Nikon AF-I lenses will also auto focus on a D3000.

By the way, all this information you have been givien is in the D3000 Users Manual. I think the manual is on the white disc, and I'm not referring to the quick quide.

Does a Nikon AF 50mm f/1.8 D Lens work with the D3000's various modes for metering, aperture/shutter speed?? I realize you need to manually focus the AF-D lens (which I'm ok with, since I haven't been getting the kind of results I hoped for with the regular AF-S 18-55 kit lens that came with the camera). Just want to be sure that the camera will still function - or will I need to be shooting completely in M mode?? Thanks, if you can help.

There is a chart in your D3000 user's manual that shows lens compatibility, and has the information you want. (page 159)

The complete user's manual is on one of the discs that came with your camera, or you can download it and other Nikon users manuals here - Nikon Product Manuals available for download.

Click on "D-SLR Cameras" locate your D3000, and click on it to get the download page.

+1 For the new 50mm 1.8G-- Pop photo has a review in it's most recent magazine, and they rated it pretty highly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back