Nikon 5100 "ambient pre flash light" issue

daqueenofsheba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the ambient/warm light (not the flash) that emits and how to turn it off? it delays my shot. I cannot figure out where in the menu to get rid of it, or for what purpose it really even stands for. I thought it was active lighting in the menu but it is not.

It's under the custom settings menu (pencil icon). It's the AF-illuminator which helps the camera AF in low light.

TamiAz said:
It's under the custom settings menu (pencil icon). It's the AF-illuminator which helps the camera AF in low light.

You rock!! I had a pro look into it who couldn't figure it out. Thank you so, so much!

TamiAz said:

U know what...it still comes on even when "off". Do you have one you were able to disable?

TamiAz said:

U know what...it still comes on even when "off". Do you have one you were able to disable?

See page 41 of the D5100 User's Manual.

In the Index (page 237), it shows AF-assist info is found on pages 41, 158 (Autofocus menu a2), and 201.

Most reactions

Back