Nikon 70-200 f 2.8 vr i or tamron 70-200 DI VC

tamron makes fine lenses for the cost. not knocking them, I use one for my portrait lens 'cause I could not afford the canon glass.

however, having said that, if you can afford it, always go with the nikon or canon glass...its better, in all aspects. so no point in being very detailed about it really.

Its funny you say that because DXo thinks differently. Thats just being smug.

DxOMark - Tamron Lens SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD versus competition

That being said, I already have the Nikon 14-24mm and the Nikon 24-70mm because there were nothing in my mind that really compared to them. But the 70-200mm is just a different story. Most people will not notice the ever so slight difference if there is one. The Tamron is sharper than the nikon in this comparison. I would consider this or the F4 version of the nikon as well.

I would have to also jump on the bandwagon and say Nikon. But you DO know you went to the Nikon section to get your advice, right?. :)

the 70-200 is very versatile and a great lens to throw on while hanging around large groups for candid shots. The focus is fast and accurate and the images are spectacular. Oh, and if you are ever strapped for cash, these suckers hardly lose any resale value not that you will ever sell once you see what it can do...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back