Nikon 70-210mm f4-5.6 D - Any good ?

I'll back up the comments in the links. It is a well-made Af lens, lots of metal in it. Optics are very good, fine for well-lit scenes. It replaced the 70~210 F4 (constant aperture) and is much more solid feel. I also have the more expensive 70~180 Micro-Nikkor-Zoom, which probaly runs 10x the price.

Thank you both I will check those links out......

I have bought the lens now (off ebay for £80) so I will soon see how it is when it arrives. I already have the 800-200 F2.8 but that is a BIG heavy beast so thought this might do instead of it in some circumstances

I just bought a Nikon 28-80mm 1:3.3-5.6 G off ebay a few weeks back for £25 and that is a cracking lens, well impressed.

Love trying these old lenses out

Oh nearly forgot I also bought a Kiron Zoom 80-200mm F4 which was £30 so will be interested to try that as I have read good things about Kiron lenses

Well got the Nikon 70-200 today and so far very happy with it. Not tried it outside much but took a photo of my wife Katie which was wide open for the lens (F4) and this was jpeg straight out the camera not sharpened at all just resized for the forum

katie.jpg

100% Crop
eye_crop.jpg

Most reactions

Back