Nikon 70-210mm

rmstudios

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello friends! I would like to do some bird photography and was looking at 70-210mm used lens. My budget is about 150$, not much but I will buy used. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Hello friends! I would like to do some bird photography and was looking at 70-210mm used lens. My budget is about 150$, not much but I will buy used. Any recommendations? Thank you.

Not a bad lens to get started with. I purchased the 70-210 f/4 AF last summer for $160.00 on craigslist. It was like brand new and even came with a case. I just had to buy a hood for it. Consider that it is capable of f/4 through the entire range (70-210) of the lens. It's kind of handy to have because in my case it fits in my camera bag (without it's own case) along with several of my other lenses and D700 body. It's not the fastest lens in the west (focus wise) but it you are able to shoot stationary birds (just sitting) then the fast focus does not matter. Also you use a tele extender (I use a 2x) you can double the focal lenth of the lens. This will work ok as long as you have enough available light. So if you can pick up a good copy I would say do it. JB :meh:

Most reactions

Back