Nikon accessory cable question

Nimitz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently own a Nikon D200 and am looking for a cable that will allow me to preview images on my laptop vice the camera's LCD screen. The camera comes with an RCA cable which you can plug into the camera and then plug into any RCA port on a TV. Unfortunately I would like to plug this cable into my laptop but there is no RCA jack. I only have USB, S-video & firewire ports. I do not want to buy a small TV for my studio but would rather just use the laptop I already have. The couple of places I contacted could not help me. Anyone have any suggestions?

The USB will owrk you just need to get a program that will download your photos automatically. There are quite a few out there, I believe Nikon Capture does.

Thanks for the reply but I'm not looking to download images. maybe I've misunderstood your post but there are 2 output ports on the D200: 'video out' for which you use an RCA video cable and 'firewire' for which you can use a USB port. The firewire-USB port only downloads images from the memory card. The 'video out' port is for previewing images on a large monitor vice the camera's LCD screen. What I need is a cable which has an RCA jack on one end (for the camera's 'video out' port) and either an s-video or USB jack on the other end to plug into my laptop so I can use my laptop as a monitor for previewing ...

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very cool, thanks. I must have a defective Google search engine since when I tried a similar search none of this kind of stuff appeared (lol). The one cable store I did find had no clue what I was trying to find ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back