Nikon AF 30mm f2.0D

bla

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,

After much debate and coin-saving, I've decided to get THIS lens for my digital camera. My only concern is that it can also be found at Vistek (here) for the same price. Does anyone know which is...:meh: better?... :confused: Camera Canada or Vistek? It's a weird comparison, I know, but I lack any other insight into this matter.

Also... what's the chance of getting a rebate on this lens during Christmas or Boxing day?

PS. Feel free to suggest other lenses, I'm always up for an alternative.:thumbup:

whichever has cheaper shipping.

look on resellerratings and all that stuff...customer reviews are always good.

Thanks guys. BTW jstuedle, I've heard about the oil leak problems with some of the earlier versions of this lens. I've heard that this has been corrected, would you happen to have any info on that?

Anyone know if these types of websites offer Christmas or Boxing day rebates? Just scratching by as a student, would like to get all the bargains I can get.

So does anyone know if cameracanada/vistek/adorama/b&h offer christmas rebates?

Thanks guys. BTW jstuedle, I've heard about the oil leak problems with some of the earlier versions of this lens. I've heard that this has been corrected, would you happen to have any info on that?

Anyone know if these types of websites offer Christmas or Boxing day rebates? Just scratching by as a student, would like to get all the bargains I can get.

No, only that mine is about 5 years old, bought new and has ne issues. It has had a rough life including a drunk up-chucking all over it and it still keeps on ticking. My wife had a copy, older and well used from ePay, it is also a fine lens, other than looking like it was drug behind a car. :lol: The only Nikkor lenses I have heard of "leaking oil" was the non-D 20mm f/2.8 AF and the old MF 55mm micro f/3.5. I have a copy of the 20, it's more expensive to fix than it's worth.

Most reactions

Back