Nikon AF-D*** Teleconverters

It's just a generic photo of the teleconverter, not necessarily the one for Nikon AF. In fact, if you look at the Kenko for the Canon mount, it's the same photo:
Kenko | 1.4x Teleplus Pro 300 DG Teleconverter | K14PRO300DGC

I have the Kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro for my Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 and it works fine. Optical quality is great. It's made with multicoated Hoya glass, if you didn't know. The only annoying thing is I don't get the modified aperture on my D80. It still shows f/2.8 with the teleconverter attached.

I wouldn't get the 2x, as like others have mentioned, it will most likely degrade your image quality. 1.4x converters are usually just fine, with no really noticable degradation. Plus you only lose one stop of light.

Hmm, I'll probably go for it. Hopefully it'll be right on my D90.

The Pro 300 definitely has a screw. They only make the 3 models. 1.4x 1.7x and 2.0x as far as I know and all of them have identical features.

The Pro 300 definitely has a screw. They only make the 3 models. 1.4x 1.7x and 2.0x as far as I know and all of them have identical features.

Actually the Pro 300 is made in 1.4x, 2x, and 3x models. No 1.7x, which is too bad as I would have got that instead of the 1.4x for a little more reach.

THK Photo Products, Inc.

The TC-14E, 17E, & 20E can be used on AF-D, but they have to be modified. It sounds scary at first, but it's quite simple & quick...did mine in about 10 minutes start to finish. It worked on my 80-200 AF-D before I got the 70-200, and it works great on my 500 f/4P, which is a 20 year old manual focus lens.

http://nikonpages.heymanphotography....mod/index.html

[. . .]

Thanks for posting this, good information! However, that modification won't allow the 80-200 f/2.8 AFD to AF as the Nikon TC***E (and II) teleconverters have no screws anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back