Nikon announces mysterious 3rd new DSLR (D700 Replacement?)

Its a great time to be a consumer! My D700 is working so well I'm going to keep adding pennies in the investment accounts for a while before replacing/upgrading it. Unless a grand slam product rolls out that makes it a crappy cam I wouldn't want to shoot with LoL

It's probably the D400 that has been rumored for the past 2+ years.

It's probably the D400 that has been rumored for the past 2+ years.

^^^Scott Kelby said thats the D300 replacement and it will be the last of the new DSLR's in the lineup.

Yeah, I guess that does make a lot more sense with Nikon keeping the D700 line going.

What's the rumored D400 specs?

I had my old crop-body D80 out poppin' some pics the other day. If it had just a little bit bigger screen on the back I'd use it more. Other than that still pleased with the pics it produces.

Yeah, I guess that does make a lot more sense with Nikon keeping the D700 line going.

What's the rumored D400 specs?
There are none yet that I've been able to find. I have looked but not a great deal.

Nikon announced last fall that the D300 and D700 were being retired. To contradict that I also read somewhere that Nikon plans to keep the D700 going as long as there is a market for it though. The D800 is, obviously, the replacement for the D700 and the D400 will presumably be the replacement for the D300. I think it just depends on market acceptance of the D800 as to what they will really do.

TOTALLY MYSTERIOUS BRO!

Maybe Nikon decided to use the D7000 as the D300 replacement and the D400 as the D700 replacement... Possible?

Automagic said:
Maybe Nikon decided to use the D7000 as the D300 replacement and the D400 as the D700 replacement... Possible?

No way they are replacing full frame D700 with cropped sensor D400.

Nah, they've already announced the D800 and it will certainly be the D700 replacement unless Nikon just adds another entry to their lineup.

I'm interested in seeing what the D400 will be like. I might be interested in that one.

I also read somewhere last week that Nikon has a replacement for the D7000 scheduled for release in the fall. I don't know how true it is though.

MEDIUM FORMAT!!!!!

I had my old crop-body D80 out poppin' some pics the other day. If it had just a little bit bigger screen on the back I'd use it more. Other than that still pleased with the pics it produces.

Since I have the D7000 that's the one I use most but I, also, am pleased with the images from my D80's.

Jerry

& the mystery continues :)
I was also under impression that Nikon will keep 4700 but called a dealer yesterday and was informed that D800 is replacement for D700.

Bop on over to Thom Hogan's Nikon Field Guide and Nikon Flash Guide and read the Feb 15, 2012 commentary for some informed commentary of what "might" be introduced between the D7000 DX camera and the FX D800 and D800e models...Thom indicates it "might be" an FX body...he says he is 100% sure there WILL BE a body in that space, and he thinks the price is likely to be set between $1700 and $2000 US Dollars, and thinks the offering could be a high-end DX body or a lower-level FX body...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back