Nikon Coolpix A vs Nikon V2 ?

shadowlands

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you had just enough money, to buy one of the following, what would you get?

Nikon Coolpix A with Nikon DF-CP1 viewfinder

Or

Nikon V2 with Nikon 10-100 zoom

I know the Coolpix is DX, over the CX of the V2. And the Coolpix A’s glass is likely sharper/better than the variable 10-100 for the V2.

But, if you could obtain one of these, what would you grab?

The Coolpix A is smaller, for sure. But the V2 is more versatile.

Is the noise production on the V2 so bad, it would be the deal breaker?

The Coolpix A also has a standard "hot shoe" so it can use normal flash units.
And better ISO performance since it's DX.
OK, I may have already decided.

talking to yourself again ?
:1219:

The advantage of the Nikon 1 is interchangeable lenses. That is pretty straightforward. However I would go with Coolpix because it would fit better in a pocket. It is the type of camera you could have handy when you aren't out shooting. I agree with your choice.

The advantage of the Nikon 1 is interchangeable lenses. That is pretty straightforward. However I would go with Coolpix because it would fit better in a pocket. It is the type of camera you could have handy when you aren't out shooting. I agree with your choice.

I agree. Already have my D800 for interchangeable lenses, etc... The Coolpix A is something my D800 can never be... tiny.

the coolpix A is a amazing camera, only thing is are you going to be OK with a fixed 18.5mm lens.. and can you still find them, i think they were discontinued a while ago..

Neither. I would get the Ricoh GR instead. Superior ergonomics and the IQ is no issue either.

I sold my Coolpix A. And I'm not getting the Ricoh or V1/V2. I bought a D600 to accompany my D800.
Keepin' it all FX, for now!
I got the D600 for peanuts, and yes, the shutter is fine.

I just went through the same hunt you did for a point and shoot but at a lower price point. I settled on the Panasonic ZS40 mostly because of the electronic finder and the ability to handle manual exposure.

I sold my Coolpix A. And I'm not getting the Ricoh or V1/V2. I bought a D600 to accompany my D800.
Keepin' it all FX, for now!
I got the D600 for peanuts, and yes, the shutter is fine.
another FX
I just noticed you got rid of your 20-35/2.8

Update. I sold my Coolpix A and my Nikon AF 20mm 2.8D and purchased the Nikon AF-S 20mm 1.8G

Update. I sold my Coolpix A and my Nikon AF 20mm 2.8D and purchased the Nikon AF-S 20mm 1.8G
remind me later to buy your 20/1.8G when you sell it.
:)

I know, right?! Hope I don't sell it anytime soon. Need to get out to West Texas and try it out on the mountains, soon!!

Most reactions

Back