Nikon coolpix L120?

blackrose89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm working with a P&S for now. I was suppose to be getting a DSLR for Chirstmas, but it didn't work out. The person buying it for me is buying me a Nikon coolpix L120 instead. I'm an amatuer photography student who will majorily use it for macro, flower, insects, landscapes, forests etc. I've been doing some research on some pictures people have gotten with this camera and from reviews, seems to have a nice zoom and takes nice close ups. The night shots seem to be go back and forth. I hear good things and bad things. My camera now is very bad for any zoom or night photography so some night shots would be nice.

1. is the zoom practical?
2. how are your experiences with the night night shots?
3. how is it with action shots?

A DSLR is out of the question at the moment, even if it's only like $400.

I've looked at a lot of reviews, so I'm looking more for personal feedback, I don't really need any links.

The Nikon CoolPix P120 is basically an advanced P&S camera. It's very limited in what you can control such as shutter, aperture, focus and metering modes. I would strongly suggest if your'e a serious photography student that you look at the P500. It has a 36x optical zoom, full aperture, shutter, and manual modes. Choice of metering, focusing, and many of a DSLRs other features are included. It also has a tilt screen which makes macro and closeup work a joy.

And yes I own one. It's my primary camera until I get my D5100 system in a few months.

Joel

The Nikon CoolPix P120 is basically an advanced P&S camera. It's very limited in what you can control such as shutter, aperture, focus and metering modes. I would strongly suggest if your'e a serious photography student that you look at the P500. It has a 36x optical zoom, full aperture, shutter, and manual modes. Choice of metering, focusing, and many of a DSLRs other features are included. It also has a tilt screen which makes macro and closeup work a joy.

And yes I own one. It's my primary camera until I get my D5100 system in a few months.

Joel

​sucks..really hard...dont go for this thing...i hate while i own it.

Most reactions

Back