Nikon customer service. God or bad?

hassiman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi... I am about to pull the trigger on a D810.
My only reservation is the reputation Nikon warranty service seems to have acquired.
Back in the film days Nikon service was fast and good. Pretty much no questions asked. Now... If one believes the buzz Nikon's service is anything but. I was a a dealer today that sells both Canon & Nikon and he told me that Nikon Repair sucked. ( his exact words )
I was just wondering how shooters feel about their Nikon repair experiences.
Is this a valid reason to not purchase? Just blown out of proportion?
Thanks!

I have had great service from Nikon both warenty and annual maintance.

It would be interesting, at least, to know his experience with Nikon Repair.

My own experience was gratifying.

Hi... I am about to pull the trigger on a D810.
My only reservation is the reputation Nikon warranty service seems to have acquired.
Back in the film days Nikon service was fast and good. Pretty much no questions asked. Now... If one believes the buzz Nikon's service is anything but. I was a a dealer today that sells both Canon & Nikon and he told me that Nikon Repair sucked. ( his exact words )
I was just wondering how shooters feel about their Nikon repair experiences.
Is this a valid reason to not purchase? Just blown out of proportion?
Thanks!

Don't buy from that dealer; he is making a bad generalization and I would worry about someone who is so quick to generalize and, based on what is said online, wrong.
You will hear more about bad experiences just by the nature of things.
I have had Nikons in twice to the NY facility; once, small repair, once cleaning and adjustment.
Both times they came back when they said they would, fair price (I knew the price in advance), well packed and looking factory fresh.

Nikon customer service. God or bad?
Not God like, but my experience over the years has been very good.

You can find bad stories about any company's customer service.
Because people usually only tell bad customer service stories, and never mention the good stories.

I have had perfectly fine service with Nikon with things that were on and off of warranty. Bodies and lenses.

I think people just really love complaining about things instead of shooting these days!

I don't mind the customer service. I mind the $450 they try to charge me for their professional labor. Screw that.

Depends if the company had its coffee on the day you are getting service...

The one experience I had with them was awful! I had a lens over-rotate in the body of my D700 and get stuck when the stop screw fell out of my 16-35 f/4. Everything was still under full warranty when I sent it in and they tried to tell me I dropped the camera and would have to pay for the repair.. BS! It was like pulling teeth to get them to fix it. It wasn't until I threatened to sell all my Nikon gear and move to Canon that they decided to take care of it.

Most reactions

Back