Nikon D100 color muddy

6Speed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've noticed that all the Nikon DSLRs I've compared against my 20D colorwise seem to be muddier, or have more browns and yellows. Of which I have compared the D70, D70S, D1X, and D100. My Canon seems to saturate reds and greens more.

Anyway, my boss gave me his old D100 to use b/c I had been using my personal equip for work. I am now having to do a lot of color correcting in PS. Are there some adjustments I can make on the D100 to fix this muddiness. I have tried several diff white balance modes and none seem to fix the problem.

No, the type of shooting I do for work normally does not require raw.

Have you tried shooting with a custom WB? Other than that (I am not a Nikon user, but my GF is) I think you can adjust color settings within the camera... but I cant remember where... a quick look online for the answer may give you something to go with...

Go into your menus, go to optimize image, and fiddle around with what's in there. I'd also shoot in sRGB becuase it's the world standard and if you're converting from AdobeRGB, you can be introducing something else.

No, the type of shooting I do for work normally does not require raw.
If you are not getting the colors that you want...then there is all the more reason to shoot RAW.

If you are shooting JPEG, then you can easily adjust the in-camera settings as mentioned.

Go into your menus, go to optimize image, and fiddle around with what's in there. I'd also shoot in sRGB becuase it's the world standard and if you're converting from AdobeRGB, you can be introducing something else.

Ok, I'll give it a try. I sRGB or III sRGB?

If you are not getting the colors that you want...then there is all the more reason to shoot RAW.

If you are shooting JPEG, then you can easily adjust the in-camera settings as mentioned.

I haven't been shooting RAW b/c our storage is getting low. We're supposed to get a new 1T server/storage for our department, but I don't know when that will be. Normally our work gets cropped down fairly small to be placed in mailers/brochures, and that type of thing anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back