Soto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsotophotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Guys,

I've looking for this and I can't find it... I want to know the excact meaning of this ISO settings in the Nikon D300.

Below ISO 200 I get this:

1. L0.3 = ???

2. L0.7 = ???

3. L1.0 = ???

Which is ISO 100 and what are the others?

Thanks guys

I've been wondering this myself. From what little I could bear to read the manual all I remember is ~used occasionally~

Not good enough. So I looked around and come up with the following from NikonUSA.com

Low-Noise ISO from 200-3200: The D300’s DX-format CMOS sensor with a high signal-to-noise ratio empowers photographers to select from a broad range of ISOs from 200-3200 with exceptional performance at low-noise high ISO settings. Included is an expanded range of options with Lo-1 (ISO 50 equivalent) and Hi-1 (ISO 6400 equivalent).

I'm not sure what the rest are, but iso 50 is something I've been wanting, now I got it.

Why don't they just say ISO 50 straight up?

I dont believe it is actually 50 iso, but emulated or something. Same with 6400 iso.

From what dpreview said about the d300, ISO 50 and 6400 basically has a levels adjustment done in-camera. I'm not sure if that will reduce noise at ISO 50, but it will increase noise at 6400 in the same manner as photoshop would if you lightened it a stop via levels from 3200.

Hi

When I had the Nikon D200 this was not there, you just got the ISO 100to 3200 and just go through to get the shots you wanted in taking pictures.

I have seen the D300 in the shop and it is very impressive and I like the new 3inch LCD screen and improve design of the camera with the 6 frame a second and ad the battery handgrip the frame rate increase to 8 FPS. Good to use in wedding or sports.

mike55

Most reactions

New Topics

Back