Nikon D3000 Color

JessicaBlair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a Nikon D3000 currently. I'm trying to figure out how to get the color to pop out as I've seen in a lot of photos. It seems that whenever I take a picture, the color is dull and boring. Any settings suggestions? Thanks!

You have a few choices to make.

You can set up your D3000 to capture images as Raw data files, or as JPEG image files.

Raw data files have the most image information, but they are not finished photos and have to be developed using image editing software. But, you have complete control of the final photo.

JPEG developes the photo automatically, but you have little input how that is done save some crude adjustments. In your camera menus you can increase the saturation applied to the JPEG photos the camera makes. You can also adjust the contrast and how much the photo is sharpened. See page 87 & 88 (Shooting Menu - Set Picture Control) in your D3000 users manual. I believe the complete D3000 users manual is on the white disc that came with the camera and is not the paper quick quide.

Try setting your white balance to "Cloudy".

I think shooting in RAW for post processing is the best way to get your photos to really pop. Learn how to use Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop with Camera Raw plugin, and you can really bring your photos to life.

Set your Picture Control to VIVID. That will make your colors really pop. Also, you can up your saturation make those colors even more wild.

Thanks everybody! I will definately be trying all of these suggestions!!

Most reactions

Back