Nikon D300s/7100/7200 as backup

I found a D300s locally with 1100 clicks for $300. It's basically sat in its box for 6 years. Good deal and I can still use my MB-D10, pile of batteries and cf cards. And keeps my backup in the same family.

Going to use the rest of my budget to find a deal on a 300/4 AF-S. After reading more and what you guys said about the AF version, for sports I don't think I'll be happy with it. AF-S it is.

I found a D300s locally with 1100 clicks for $300. It's basically sat in its box for 6 years. Good deal and I can still use my MB-D10, pile of batteries and cf cards. And keeps my backup in the same family.

Going to use the rest of my budget to find a deal on a 300/4 AF-S. After reading more and what you guys said about the AF version, for sports I don't think I'll be happy with it. AF-S it is.
That is one reason I stayed away from a d700 and the d300 series. Accessory Compatibility - batteries, memory cards, and other connections. Even though I like the specs of the d300s, I'd have to spend more money to support it so I might as well get a used d7100. One reason I bought a d600 instead of a d700 a few years ago as I had a d7000 and a bunch of accessories already.

Good choice with the 300mm.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back