Nikon D3200 upgrade help

Fletchmt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi guys. I have a Nikon d3200 and looking to upgrade. Should I go for Nikon D750 or the canon 5d mark 3 I already have about 3nikon lenses ?

Which 3 Nikon lenses and what do you hope to achieve?

D750! The D5 and D750 are similar in performance with the 5D having a faster max shutter 8,000 vs. 4,000. But the D750 has a faster FPS by half a frame a sec. Both have middle of the range AF systems. But where the difference is, is in the sensor. The D750 has almost 3 full stops of dynamic range over the 5D at the lower ISO settings. At higher ISO setting the 5D comes close to theD750 but never quite matches it. Somewhere around ISO 18,000 they are the closest. Tonal range the 2 cameras are about the same. The D750 takes a small lead in color sensivity the entire range. The D750 is full frame so if you have DX lenses you can still use them but will be in crop mode on the D750. The D750 is also less expensive than the 5D.

hi guys. I have a Nikon d3200 and looking to upgrade. Should I go for Nikon D750 or the canon 5d mark 3 I already have about 3nikon lenses ?
Why would you consider abandoning the nikon lenses?

I would start by determining what it is that you can't get your camera to do that a different one will. Then you will have some useful guidance.

I would start by determining what it is that you can't get your camera to do that a different one will. Then you will have some useful guidance.

There's plenty that a D3200 cannot do....not a very sophisticated camera in terms of autofocusing, not that great in low light, crop-frame sensor, slow frame rate, crappy buffer, no high speed flash synch, no remote commander capability, no autofocusing with 40% of the Nikon AF (the Af and AF-D series of lenses which began in the mid-1980's) lenses in the world, etc.. etc..No light metering with manual lenses, no flahs metering with manual lenses... The D3200 is a now $119 used camera here in this town...there is plenty that it can not do...and which many higher-spec'd cameras can do.

Oh...and the D3200 has a crappy, squinty, pentamirror viewfinder. It's a beginner's camera. The D750 and the 5D series were/are aimed at people who want a fully-capable camera, one that can use all of the technologies developed over the last 30 years.

It's time to stop spreading the idea that a $399 beginner's camera is in no way limiting; the people who benefit the MOST from a camera upgrade are typically beginner- to intermediate-level shooters. I used to sell camera gear to the public, and found that higgher-end "serious enthusaiast" bodies and the lenses that are designed to go with them give the beginning and intermediate shooter an IMMEDIATE, and very REAL boost in capabilitis, and in success rates. It is the serious,serious shooters who can often negiotiate their way around the limitations of cheap gear, and yet...funny how the vast,vast majority of serious shooters own high-end cameras and high-0end lenses, and yet, quite often these same people suggest and opine that crap gear is good enough for the others of the world...

Huh...ever wodnered why so,so many great images were shot with the very-best cameras of their era? Rolleiflex, Speed Graphic, Leica III-series cameras, Leica M3, Nikon F, Nikon F2, Canon F1, Nikon F100, Canon EOS 1...and so on and so on...odd how the vaaaaast majority of 'serious' shooters buy the very best stuff, isn't it?

It's time to stop spreading the idea that a $399 beginner's camera is in no way limiting; the people who benefit the MOST from a camera upgrade are typically beginner- to intermediate-level shooters..odd how the vaaaaast majority of 'serious' shooters buy the very best stuff, isn't it?

Not at all odd. It is typical of enthusiasts in any hobby you can name.

The Nikon D750 has a much better sensor then the 5DIII, better low light performance and more dynamic range, also the auto focus is better, it has tilting screen.
So if I was to choose between these 2 cameras my money would be easily on the D750!

Nikon D750 vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III | DxOMark

Most reactions

New Topics

Back